Ph.D. (Missouri, '08)
Miglena Sternadori is the author of Mediated Eros (Peter Lang, 2015) and co-editor of Gender and Work: Exploring Intersectionality, Resistance, and Identity (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2016). Her work has also appeared in Feminist Media Studies, Journal of Media Psychology, Women's Studies in Communication, Newspaper Research Journal, Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, Atlantic Journal of Communication, Forum: Qualitative Social Research, Media Report to Women, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and Journal of Media Education.
Selected articles (please see CV for full list):
- Sternadori, M. (2014). The witch and the warrior: Archetypal and framing analyses of the news coverage of two mass shootings. Feminist Media Studies, 14(2), 301-317. doi:10.1080/14680777.2012.739571
- Sternadori, M. (2013). Heroines under control: Unexpected portrayals of women in the official newspaper of the Bulgarian Communist Party, 1944-1989. Women's Studies in Communication, 36(2), 142-166. doi:10.1080/07491409.2013.795510
- Sternadori, M. & Wise, K. (2010). Men and women read news differently: Effects of story structure on cognitive processing of text. Journal of Media Psychology: Theories, Methods, and Applications, 22(1), 14-24.
- Sternadori, M. & Thorson, E. (2009). Anonymous sources harm the credibility of all stories. Newspaper Research Journal, 30(4), 54-66.
- Richard and Sharon Cutler Faculty Award in Liberal Arts (2011)
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409