Elder Planning Counselor Designation
Elder Planning Counselor Designation is designed to enrich the knowledge and understanding of the aging population for working professionals. This includes Insurance and Financial Advisors, Real Estate Agents, Attorneys, Accountants, Caregivers, Medical personnel and generally people who work in the 50+ age group through education on topics focusing upon the evolving and specialized needs of Americans as they age.
The Elder Planning Counselor (EPC) Curriculum is a comprehensive education program designed to provide you with the essential knowledge and tools necessary to effectively work with elders and design practical solutions for their financial and emotional well-being. Content includes aging health issues, social psychological issues, financial issues and communication, and other timely issues. After reviewing content, participants will have an opportunity to take exam to receive a certificate from Texas Tech University in addition to 1.2 Continuing Education Unit credits.
The U.S. Initiative for Elder Planning Studies (USIEPS), in partnership Texas Tech University Center for Financial Responsibility, believes that working with the maturing client involves a "total needs approach."
USIEPS offers you the most comprehensive, up-to-date educational content available in the marketplace today.
- Access to quality education from a company that is respected in the Financial Services Professional Development field.
- Educational instruction and content from many internationally recognized, qualified educators who are highly regarded in their fields.
In order to sign up for the Elder Planning Designation, please complete the following:
- Register and pay for content and examination at https://indico.ads.ttu.edu/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1199.
- Following registration, you will receive an access code. Go to website and create an USIEPS log in.
- Complete coursework and exam on USIEPS website using your specific login information.
- Upon successful completion of exam, certificate will be mailed. In addition, official transcript of completion can be accessed through Texas Tech University Registrar's Office.