Online Personal Financial Planning Master's Degree
Online M.S. Degree in Personal Financial Planning
Personal financial planning plays a crucial role in the well-being of individuals and families everywhere. You can help everyday people navigate our complex economy. You can go beyond ordinary financial expertise with an online master of science degree in personal financial planning from Texas Tech.
Learn from the nation's leaders in financial planning in a 100% online, flexible format that works with your schedule
Texas Tech's online Personal Financial Planning master's degree prepares you to enter the impactful job market as a financial planning professional.
- Superior faculty. We have the nation's largest personal financial planning faculty, many of whom are regularly quoted in top financial industry publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the New York Times.
- Professional development. The country's most extensive financial planning alumni base provides abundant opportunities for internships and full-time positions. The School of Financial Planning hosts multiple events throughout the year that allow our students to network with our alumni from across the country.
- CFP® certification exam prep. Upon completing your degree, you will be eligible to sit for the CFP® examination. You can take your exam with confidence, aware that your hard-earned certification and university credentials will be a testament to your skill as an advisor.
Delivery is 100% online. Courses are semester-based in synchronous classes that run concurrently with our face-to-face classes. Students taking two classes per semester can finish in approximately two years. The non-thesis online Master of Science in Personal Financial Planning requires a minimum of 36 hours. Appropriate leveling coursework may be required.
Course work includes:
- Wealth management
- Insurance and investment planning
- Tax planning
- Financial counseling
- Charitable giving
- Risk management
- Estate planning
- Financial law and business practices
- Household financial decision making
Career Prospects in Financial Planning
Expand your career options. Discover meaningful careers in personal and family financial planning.
Graduates from our Personal Financial Planning master's degree program have a job placement rate of virtually 100 percent. Our students frequently have multiple job offers before graduation.
Job titles for degree holders include:
- Financial analyst
- Financial planner
- Wealth advisor
- Investment officer
- Client service specialist
- Portfolio manager
Personal Financial Planning CFP® certification
Texas Tech's 100% online master of science program in personal financial planning prepares students for the rigorous CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ examination on a flexible schedule that works for you. As a CFP® professional, you will have the gold standard designation for expertise in helping individuals and families chart their financial future.
The Personal Financial Planning master's program is registered the by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.