Applied Financial Well-Being Certificate
Tentatively submitting for 20 hours of CFP Board CEUs
- Leaders and innovators who have seen the benefits of client communication that goes beyond purely financial considerations
- Practitioners, educators, and researchers who want to expand their knowledge of holistic well-being
- Engaged and open-minded individuals
Curriculum is delivered via 20 asynchronous modules. Content includes interactive videos, readings, downloadable tools, self-reflections, and quizzes. All work is completed on your schedule.
- Deepen understanding of the psychology of financial planning through research and theory in the six course elements of the CFP Board competency domain. The techniques and skills are applicable in personal finance, financial planning, financial counseling, financial coaching, and financial therapy.
- Critically examine academic research articles within financial health and wellness using a variety of methodologies.
- Learn interventions when working with clients related to the more psychological elements of financial planning.
- Utilize multidisciplinary approaches to understand human behavior and promote client change in the context of financial planning.
- Addresses systemic relationships and group dynamics.
Enroll at any time and complete within one year. You must pass the quizzes to receive continuing education credit.
This non-credit certificate is for professionals who want to expand their knowledge
and gain practical skills. Reducing anxiety and increasing fulfillment are of utmost
importance to individuals and families. While many report their financial status is
critical for feeling content, research from the Harvard Study of Adult Development
(one of the longest-running studies on happiness) finds that close relationships are
the key to a happy life. Educating financial professionals on the relational dynamics
of financial conversations is crucial to clients reporting a satisfying life. Learn
from an experienced researcher, teacher, and practitioner—Dr. Sonya Lutter, a CERTIFIED
FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.