Personal Financial Planning Master's Degree
Master of Science in Personal Financial Planning
With the largest financial planning master's degree program anywhere in America, Texas Tech provides you with a better academic experience and broader range of career options than any comparable program.
Maximize your career dividends with our nationally ranked Personal Financial Planning master's degree
Personal financial planning firms look to Texas Tech University for new talent.
Our on-campus and online master's degree in financial planning sends you right to the top of the hiring pool. The Wall Street website MarketWatch refers to Texas Tech as “the headquarters” of U.S. education in wealth management and personal financial planning. Wealth Management magazine rates Texas Tech as the #1 financial planning schools in the nation.
Texas Tech's Personal Financial Planning master's degree prepares you to excel as a financial planning professional because of its:
- Superior faculty. We have the nation's largest personal financial planning faculty and the broadest range of specializations. Our faculty are regularly quoted in top financial industry publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the New York Times.
- Outstanding career outcomes. Graduates from our Personal Financial Planning master's degree program are heavily recruited by top financial services industry employers. Most students exit the program with multiple job offers or admission to a top-notch Ph.D. program.
- Professional development. You can combine our personal financial planning master's degree with an MBA, law degree, or accounting degree—options that only a few financial planning graduate programs offer.
With Our Personal Financial Planning Master's Degree, You'll Stand Out in a Growing Profession
Demand for personal financial planners is growing, and our personal financial planning master's degree prepares you to excel in the profession. You can complete the on-campus master's degree in as little as 20 months, while completing courses in specialties that include:
- Asset and wealth management
- Insurance planning
- Tax planning
- Financial counseling
- Charitable giving
- Risk management
- Estate planning
- Financial law
- Business practices and entrepreneurship
Careers in Personal Financial Planning
Graduates from our Personal Financial Planning master's degree program have a job placement rate of virtually 100 percent. Our students frequently have multiple job offers waiting for them at graduation.
You will have excellent preparation for employment at a wide range of financial institutions, including:
- Financial services firms
- Mutual fund companies
- Brokerage firms
- Insurance companies
- Other businesses
Personal Financial Planning Ph.D. Opportunities
The Personal Financial Planning master's degree offers excellent preparation for graduate school. Our students have an outstanding acceptance rate to the nation's best Personal Financial Planning Ph.D. programs.
Personal Financial Planning professional certification
Some students in our personal financial planning master's degree program have already passed the CFP® Certification Examination. If you have not already done so, our master's degree in personal financial planning will qualify you to take the exam.
The Personal Financial Planning master's program is registered the by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.