Executive Financial Health & Wellness Certificate
Eligible for 28 hours of CFP Board CEUs (planning to apply for 2 hours of ethics CE)
- Advanced financial planners with at least 5 years of experience in the DFW area
- Financial planning business owners
- Leaders who are ready for the next evolution of financial planning
- Learners who can speak to the ways in which emotions, attitudes, and destructive behaviors show up in their work with clients
Cohorts are capped at 20 participants each to maximize collaboration and discussion. The program is directed by Dr. Sonya Lutter, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Content is delivered via four all-day, in-person sessions at the Texas Tech University Corporate Campus in Dallas-Fort Worth. Lecturers are leaders in the industry with expectations for high participant engagement. There are no assignments or time expectations outside of the in-person sessions.
- Assessing Financial Wellness
- Building Well-Being
- Effectively and Efficiently Gathering Values' Data
- Resolving Conflict
- Overcoming the Barriers to Change
- Managing Stress
- Combatting the Addiction Cycle
- Techniques in Motivational Interviewing
- Positive Psychology Interventions
- Managing Referrals
- CFP Board Ethics
Coming in August 2024! Indicate interest by contacting Dr. Sonya Lutter (email@example.com).
Texas Tech University, Dallas-Fort Worth Corporate Campus
You must attend all live sessions to receive continuing education credit.
Texas Tech University is the only place you can earn an executive certificate in financial health and wellness. The Executive program places you with professionals in similar life circumstances as you. The program is focused on building financial health and wellness among your team members and clients. This program is for leaders who can implement change within the organization.
The Financial Health and Wellness program uses a systemic approach by incorporating
optimal communication under stress and best-practice techniques from complementary
The curriculum includes concepts from financial therapy, the psychology of financial planning, and a broader understanding of how financial issues impact other areas of well-being (physical, psychological, vocational, & relational).
Registration includes the tentative CFP Board CEUs (with a plan for 2 hours of ethics), course materials, lunch on the day of the meetings, and a non-degree Certificate in Financial Health & Wellness from Texas Tech University.
Participants are responsible for travel to Dallas, Texas.