Psychology of Financial Planning Certificate
Eligible for 10 hours continuing education through:
- CFP Board for CFP® professionals
- Financial Therapy Association for CFT-1
- AFCPE® for AFCs
- Financial planners, counselors, coaches, and therapists who work with clients
- Educators who teach psychology of financial planning
- Learners who are interested in the ways in which emotions, attitudes, and destructive behaviors show up in their work with clients
- People with challenging schedules who desire flexibility in when and how they get new information
Curriculum is delivered via 10 asynchronous modules. Content includes videos, readings, downloadable tools, self-reflections, and self-assessments. All work is completed on your schedule.
- Learn to effectively manage client relationships in financial planning through foundational communication and counseling skills.
- Explore and apply theory, counseling fundamentals, and communication techniques for effective interactive client communication in financial planning and counseling.
- Address personal relationships with money, including emotions, beliefs, and behaviors.
Enroll at any time and complete within one year. You must pass the quizzes to receive continuing education credit.
The CFP Board requires that CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals demonstrate competency in the Psychology of Financial Planning. Financial counselors, coaches, and therapists are intimately familiar with the ways in which psychology overlap with client goals and progress. Gain confidence in navigating client issues with content from experienced researchers, educators, and practitioners.