Are you interested in taking courses at a foreign university taught directly by their faculty? The most independent study abroad experience, our exchange program, allows students to immerse themselves in the culture and courses of a foreign university while still receiving TTU credit. Students can take classes alongside international students and other study abroad students from across the United States for a semester, or even an academic year. Regardless of the institution, students will pay TTU tuition and separate housing costs. Students are also responsible for airfare and personal expenses such as food, shopping, passport/visa, etc.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Students can choose to participate in one of three study abroad program types. Each program type has a different payment process. Read the full Texas Tech Study Abroad Payment guide.
Once accepted to a program, students must officially notify the Study Abroad Office, IN WRITING OR BY EMAIL, if they wish to withdraw. It is NOT SUFFICIENT to withdraw an application on-line, or to fail to complete requirements. Students must also notify the program provider, host institution, or faculty program leader as appropriate. Students who withdraw from a study abroad program and do not return to Texas Tech for that term should contact the Registrar's Office to understand how their enrollment at Texas Tech may be affected. Read the full Texas Tech Study Abroad Cancellation Policy.
Intersession, Spring 2019: October 5
Maymester, Summer, and Fall 2019, and
Academic Year 2019-2020 Programs: March 1
Exchange Application Steps
- Attend a Rawls CGE First Step Session (held every Monday and Tuesday @ 4:00pm in BA126)
- Schedule an appointment with a CGE Advisor (NW102 or at appointments.ttu.edu)
- Explore options and narrow down the right program for you.
- Work with your CGE Advisor to fill out applicable applications. Complete application and watch the Study Abroad 101 video within application.
- Meet with TTU Study Abroad Advisor at the ICC. Work with CGE and TTU Study Abroad advisors to complete program provider application.