Raider Restart / Recharge
Raider Restart is a required course covering substance use in which students are usually referred from the Office of Student Conduct. This program is designed to provide individualized education for students about substance use and the impacts of alcohol and other drugs on one's health, wellness, and academic success. Raider Restart aims at helping students make safer, healthier choices and avoid negative consequences regarding substance use.
Raider Restart is either an individual (BASICS or Cannabis Session) or group (Group Session) meeting as determined by sanction.
- BASICS is a $150 program consisting of two one-on-one discussions with trained facilitators who work to guide a healthy, judgment-free conversation around one's own alcohol use.
- Cannabis Sessions are individualized discussions with trained facilitators who work to guide a healthy, judgment-free conversation around one's own cannabis use.
- Group Sessions include group discussion with trained facilitators who work to guide a healthy, judgment-free conversation around one's own substance use. Group Sessions are held every Tuesday at 10:00 AM and Wednesday at 1:00 PM.
Raider Recharge is a voluntary, one-on-one wellness coaching program free to all TTU students. This meeting is individualized to meet the needs of the student and focuses on personal growth through discussion, self-reflection, and interactive activities. Students will increase self-awareness and further develop by engaging in topics such as dimensional wellness, stress management, emotional literacy, healthy relationships, conflict management, and more.
The purpose of Raider Recharge is to:
- Provide individualized education for students about holistic health, mental health, and self-care.
- Offer an opportunity for students to gain personalized insight into strengths and areas for growth.
- Refer students to campus and community resources for additional support and/or intervention.
- Increase academic success and retention of participating students by maximizing a student's wellness, therefore improving their overall performance and experience in the classroom.
Advanced notice is required for all appointments. Canceling within 24 hours and no-call, no-shows are subject to a $25 fine.