Dimensions of Wellness
Oops! Are you looking for Shmoody?
RISE operates with the knowledge that there are many facets of well-being. These facets, or dimensions of wellness, are intertwined and impact one another.
Through evaluation of these various dimensions, individuals can best understand what specific areas of life may need a bit more energy and attention, while also seeing which areas are flourishing. Take the short quiz to evaluate your dimensions of wellness. These eight dimensions are like spokes on a wheel in which an imbalance in one makes it much more challenging for the wheel to roll effectively.
- Physical Wellness addresses the body's overall condition, the absence of disease, one's individual fitness level, and physical self-care.
- Emotional Wellness includes measuring self-confidence, emotional awareness, and self-esteem.
- Educational Wellness evaluates if school and/or work aligns with one's values, one's connection with peers, fulfillment at school/work, and if challenges are perceived to be healthy.
- Social Wellness brings to light independence versus unity, acceptance of others, community involvement, and sense of belonging.
- Spiritual Wellness includes guiding principles, purpose and meaning, inner peace, and the practice of
compassion and forgiveness.
- Resources: The MindSpa
- Intellectual Wellness inspects levels of creatively, curiosity, critical thinking, intellectual stimulation and engagement in lifelong learning.
- Environmental Wellness challenges the assessment of environmental livability, one's role in the health of the planet, cleanliness, safety, and what the physical environment tends to look like.
- Financial Wellness evaluates finance knowledge, money management skills, emotional ties to finances, and the balance between income and expenses.