HIHIC Publications and Creative Work
Student Projects for EMC 4301: Hispanic Media, Fall 2015
- Wilson, Sarah A. H/L buying power. See the site here.
- White, Kalem J. Hispanic media use with B. Smith. See the video here.
- Turner, Hanna J. H/L millennials and how to reach them. See the video here.
- Holloway, Victoria M. Raoul Cortez biography - interactive timeline. See it here.
- Adams, Robyn. LGBTs in 21st cent Sp-lang TV. Vist the site here.
- Hellmueller, L. (2014). The Washington, DC Media Corps in the 21st Century: The Source-Correspondent Relationship, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Patel, S., Shafer, A. Bulik, C.M., Brown, J.D., and Zucker, N.L. (2014). Parents of children with eating disorders: Developing theory-based health communication messages to promote caregiver wellbeing. Journal of Health Communication.
- Wigley, S.,and Zhang, W. (in press), Does planning and practice Make Perfect? A study of communication culture, autonomy and PR practitioners' confidence in handling crises. Public Relations Journal.
- Wilkinson, K. T. (2013). Spanish-language and Latino/a-oriented television. In P. M. Montilla (Ed.) Latinos and American Popular Culture. (pp. 49-68). Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio.
- Gardner, L., Wilkinson, K. T., Merle, P. F., Luo, Y., Rahimi, M., Cui, B., Rybalko, S. & Van Dyke, M. (Forthcoming). Press coverage of the 2012 U.S. presidential election: A multinational, cross-language comparison. In C. Bieber & K. Kamps (Ed.), The United States Presidential Election 2012: Perspectives from Election Studies, Political and Communication Studies. Berlin: Springer VS.
- Wilkinson, K. T. & Merle, P. F. (2013). The merits and challenges of using business press and trade journal reports in academic research on media industries. Communication, Culture & Critique, 6, 415-431.
- Heuman, A. N., Scholl, J. C. & Wilkinson, K. T. (2013). Rural Hispanic populations at risk in developing diabetes: Sociocultural and familial challenges in promoting a healthy diet. Health Communication, 28 (3), 260-273.
- Merle, P., El-Khoury, J., & Rahimi, M. (2013). Revolution 2.0: Deciphering a cross-national newspaper discourse. Southwestern Mass Communication Journal.
- Heuman, A.N., Scholl, J.C. & Wilkinson, K. T. (2013). Rural Hispanic populations at risk in developing diabetes: Sociocultural and familial challenges in promoting a healthy diet. Health Communication, 28 (3), 260-274.
- Wilkinson, K. T. & Saragoza, A. M. (Univ. of California at Berkeley). Cuando potencias hegemónicas riñen: "Televisa vs. Univision" Communications vista a través de una lente de gestión de medios. (“When hegemons quarrel: Televisa vs. Univision Communications viewed through a media management lens.”) Global Media Journal Mexico 9, no. 18 (Fall 2012) pp. 16-34.
- Gearhart, S., Merle, P., Craig, C., Vandyke, M., Rahimi, M., & Brooks, M. E. (2013, May). A revolution in survey research?: A bibliometric review of public opinion studies between 2000 and 2012. Paper to be presented at the 66th annual conference of the World Association for Public Opinion Research, Boston, MA.
- Merle, P., Gearhart, S., Craig, C., Rahimi, M., Brooks, M. E., & Vandyke, M. (2013, May). Computers, tablets, & smart phones: The truth about web-based surveys. Paper to be presented at the 66th annual conference of the World Association for Public Opinion Research, Boston, MA.
- Rahimi, M., & Stoker, K. (2013, March). John W. White's efforts to change the U.S. policy toward Argentina: An analysis of depiction of fascism penetration in Argentina in the New York Times newspaper during 1930s and 1940s. Paper to be presented at 2013 Joint Journalism and Communication History Conference (The American Journalism Historians Association and the AEJMC History Division joint spring meeting) at New York University, New York, NY.
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409