B.S. in Applied Personal Finance
Request Info Visit Apply
Online Bachelor of Science in Applied Personal Finance
Invest in your career by earning an online consumer finance degree from Texas Tech's School of Financial Planning.
The Applied Personal Finance online degree prepares you to excel professionally because of its:
- Flexible degree plan. The online bachelor's consumer finance degree allows you to customize the classes to fit your schedule.
- Career exploration. Graduates from our degree program gain transformative and experiential learning opportunities through hands-on learning projects. Employers heavily recruit Texas Tech graduates because of our reputation for excellence in the financial services industry.
How to Apply
For students applying for Summer 2023 or Fall 2303, please follow these steps:
- Apply to Texas Tech University (https://www.depts.ttu.edu/admissions/)
- Select Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences (interdisciplinary) as your major.
- Once accepted, please let us know by completing this BS in Applied Personal Finance degree program form.
Stand Out to Employers with an Applied Personal Finance degree from Texas Tech University.
You will take a variety of online consumer finance courses that explore the economic, financial, and societal factors that affect personal financial management. Our faculty include professional experts in financial services including:
- Financial Counselors
- Financial Literacy Educators & Researchers
- Financial Practitioners
You will have access to well-developed and designed online courses that fit with your schedule. You will also develop marketable skills that impress employers that include Excel, consumer financial management, counseling, and communication.
Careers in Applied Personal Finance
You will have established knowledge for employment at a variety of financial groups, including:
- Financial services industry
- Private practice
“The need for financial counseling, coaching, and education – and the integration of it across our economy – is more important than ever. TTU's Applied Personal Finance degree program provides pathways to pursue meaningful careers while making a lasting impact on the personal financial health of individuals and families – in Texas and beyond. As a longtime leader in the personal finance space, we appreciate TTU's School of Financial planning expanding opportunities for students and meeting the needs of an evolving field.” Quote from Rachael DeLeon, Executive Director, AFCPE (Association for Financial Counseling, Planning, & Education)
Upon completion of the Applied Personal Finance online bachelor's degree, you will be eligible to take the Accredited Financial Counselor® exam. Learn more about the requirements here.
For more information about the online Applied Personal Finance degree
Request Information Online
School of Financial Planning
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 41210, Lubbock, TX 79409-1210