Texas Tech University

Professor Stafford to Chair State Bar of Texas Board of Directors

Texas Tech Law School

April 26, 2024

Paul K. Stafford has been selected as the chair-elect of the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors. This is a significant recognition of Paul's unwavering commitment to the legal profession and his exceptional contributions to the Texas legal community. You can read the State Bar's official press release on their website.

Professor Paul K. Stafford '94

“I am honored and humbled to be elected by my peers to serve as Chair of the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors,” Stafford said.  “I, in conjunction with my peers, will do all that I can to uphold the integrity of our self-governing Bar while serving our lawyers and the legal profession.”

Paul is a Visiting Professor at the Law School and a 1994 graduate. He has over 20 years of experience serving as an adjunct professor at the Law School and has also been a frequent judge and contributor to various advocacy competitions. As a law student, he was a founding member of the Texas Tech Black Law Students Association and was later recognized with the BLSA's Outstanding Alumnus award. 

Paul is the co-founder and managing partner of Stafford Moore, PLLC, a certified majority/minority-owned litigation boutique. He is a recognized litigator who focuses his practice primarily on complex commercial & business litigation, as well as insurance policyholder & coverage litigation. Paul's illustrious career as a litigator and legal scholar has earned him numerous accolades and achievements, which you can find more information about on his firm's website.

Paul has been active in local, state, and national bar associations for decades, having served as Past-President of both the Dallas Bar Association and the J.L. Turner Legal Association, and on the Council of the State Bar of Texas Insurance Section. 

In addition to his outstanding leadership in the legal profession, Paul's continued commitment to service within the Texas Tech Law community earned him the 2022 Texas Tech University School of Law Distinguished Service Award. Since 2012, he has served on the Board of Trustees for the Texas Tech Law School Foundation. As the Chair of the Foundation's Law Student Committee, he supports the mentoring program, the food pantry, the wellness room, and student counseling services.

“We are thrilled that Professor Stafford has been selected as the chair-elect of the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors,” said Jack Wade Nowlin, dean of the Law School. “It's a fantastic achievement and we couldn't be prouder. I know his leadership will undoubtedly inspire future generations of Texas Tech law students to become active members of the bar association and to uphold the highest standards of integrity and excellence. We can't wait to see all the great things he will accomplish!”

Join us in congratulating Paul as he prepares to take on his new role as chair-elect of the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors. We extend our sincere appreciation for his unwavering dedication to serving the legal profession and the community.