Events@Law Submission Guidelines
The events calendar is available at events.law.ttu.edu
The Texas Tech University School of Law Event Calendar (Events@Law) is the official event calendar providing a consolidated listing of official events happening at the Law School. By promoting lectures, cultural events, student organization events and other activities, the calendar encourages communication within the Law School, and fosters community participation from Texas Tech University. Events@Law also provides more comprehensive information about Law School events to the external world in support of academic, research and other strategic objectives.
Definition of an "Event"
Events include academic deadlines, guest lectures, workshops, meetings, training programs, as well as cultural, sporting and social functions. They may include on-campus events or selected off-campus events sponsored by a Law School entity (e.g., program, institute, center, registered student organization, etc.).
These events may be open to the general public, the Texas Tech community, or a segment of the Texas Tech community. All submissions must adhere to TTU Operating Policies and Procedures, including TTU IT Security Policies, specifically the University Acceptable Use Guidelines.
Posting an Event - Guidelines
- You must have a ttu.edu email address, and you will be required to supply your eRaider username and password. If you need technical assistance regarding eRaider access, please contact IT Help Central at (806) 742-HELP (4357).
- All announcements must be submitted by a Texas Tech University employee or student representing a formal university organization; such as a division, department, school, or registered student organization, that must be identified in the event.
- Events must be entered into the calendar at least one week prior to the actual event date, unless an exception is granted based on unusual circumstances. Likewise, events cannot be entered more than one year prior to the event date. Exception requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please specify who can attend the event if it is not open to the public or to the entire Texas Tech community, and include the location of where the event will take place.
- Be sure to proofread your submissions for any errors.
- Before submitting an event, make sure it has not already been posted. The easiest way to do this is to check the date of your event. Note that the calendar is automatically populated with certain events, deadlines and other entries.
- Remember, your event will "share the stage" with other events in the calendar. Use language that will explain your event to someone who knows absolutely nothing about it. Include as many details as possible: contact information, resource links, restrictions, cost, location, time, etc.
- Make your titles descriptive. For example, rather than "Lecture," use "Energy Law Lecture Series: Roderick E. Wetsel "A Whirlwind Tour Through the Exciting New World of Wind Energy."
- Elaborate on the event in the description field, but try not to repeat the same information from the title.
- Be specific when entering the timeframe of your event. The system can incorporate multi-day events as well as recurring events (which are featured on the right side of the calendar).
- You can add an image URL to illustrate your event. For best viewing results make your image no larger than 350 pixels wide and/or 300 pixels high. If you don't have the ability to upload your own images, send it by email to email@example.com for assistance.
The Texas Tech Law School personnel will select events to appear in the featured area
of the calendar that appeal to wide audiences and promote the college's academic,
research and other strategic initiatives. To have your event considered, please note
your request in the additional information box when you enter the event information.
Additionally, you must provide a photo to be considered. Crop your photo to 241x188 pixels.
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Calendar feature photo
- Body: Name of Event and Date
These events are waiting to be published by a calendar administrator. You may edit or delete your events until they have been accepted. Once your event is published, you will no longer see it in your list.
If an event is rescheduled or canceled, please contact email@example.com, so that we may make necessary changes.
School of Law
AddressTexas Tech University School of Law, 3311 18th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79409-0004