Applying for Financial Aid
Texas Tech University's financial aid website contains important information, including the financial aid process, helpful websites, and definitions of various financial aid terms.
To be eligible for consideration for federal or state financial aid programs, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Be registered with Selective Services if required; and
- Be enrolled at least half-time in an eligible program at Texas Tech University School of Law
Financial aid is available only to those students who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States. All accepted international students must provide documentation showing financial responsibility. An approved I-20 is required before an international student can obtain a student visa. Before an I-20 can be approved, accepted international students will have to show they will have access to one year's cost of education.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must complete a new FAFSA each year in order to be considered for grants, scholarships, and loans. The FAFSA becomes available on October 1 every year. Some students may be selected by the federal processor for verification. You will be notified by email to provide additional information if this happens. If needed, the verification worksheet(s) required for this process are available on the university's main financial aid website.
- Review and accept your loan award via Raiderlink. Instructions on how to view and accept finanical aid and scholarships can be found here.
- Complete entrance counseling. For first time borrowers, entrance counseling can be completed at https://studentaid.gov/entrance-counseling/.
- Sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Federal Direct Loan online at studentloans.gov. (Note: Direct PLUS loans require a separate MPN.)
- Upon disbursement of your Federal Direct student loans (typically on or around 10 days before classes begin), you will receive an email notification.
School of Law
AddressTexas Tech University School of Law, 3311 18th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79409-0004