- Knowledge management and data science
- Expertise and skill acquisition
- Human cognition
- PhD, Business Administration, University of Minnesota
- MISM, Information Systems, Brigham Young University
- BS, Information Systems, Brigham Young University
Ben Mitchell is an assistant professor of practice in the Rawls College of Business
at Texas Tech University, where he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in information
systems and data science. Mitchell received his doctorate in information and decision
sciences from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota with
a minor in cognitive science. His dissertation explores the interdependence of codified
and personalized knowledge use on knowledge management system success.
His research interests include big data, cognition, knowledge management and how information technologies can help to enable greater human performance. Prior to pursuing a PhD, he worked as a network operations analyst at a global network operations center and also was involved in the development of courses for online education.