Online Graduate Certificate in STEM Leadership Communication
Learn the communication skills you need to reach your full potential as a corporate, public-sector, or academic leader. Designed for professionals in science, technology, and medicine.
Just four online classes, taken at your own pace, from wherever you are. Because this 12-hour certificate is fully online, you can complete it on your own time, at your own pace, without quitting your day job.
Certificate Program Requirements
Students must complete three required courses and one elective. (12 hours total)
- Three required core courses (3 credits each):
- COMS 5314: Professional Communication in Health, Science, and Technology
- MCOM 5324: Audience/Data Analysis and Reporting
- MCOM 5350: STEM Leadership Communication Capstone Course
You must take one elective. You can choose from the list below, or you can choose another appropriate course, with advisor approval. If you're a current graduate student in another program, you may be able to use a course in your home discipline as an elective.
- One elective course (3 credits):
- COMS 5302: Intercultural Communication
- MCOM 5316: Communication in Organizations
- COMS 5313: Theories of Persuasion
- MCOM 5364: Research Methods
- MCOM 5318: Advanced Social Media Practice
- MCOM 5326: Risk Communication/Management
- MCOM 5332: Special Topics in Strategic Communication
- MCOM 5334: Interpersonal Communication
- MCOM 6310: Contemporary Issues in Communications Technology
Students may complete graduate certificates in addition to any of the M.A. programs or by itself.
If you are interested in applying, please submit an application.
Visit the graduate application page for more information about applying to the Graduate Certificate in STEM Leadership Communication program and links to the Texas Tech Graduate School website.
All CoMC Graduate Certificates follow the same application process as the M.A. in Strategic Communication & Innovation and M.A. in Mass Communication programs.
For information about financial aid for graduate students, contact the TTU Office of Financial Aid.
Learn more by downloading our information sheet
Contact Mary S. Norman, Ph.D. (email@example.com) for details.
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409