Program Evaluation and Assessment - Graduate Certificate
The Certificate in Program Evaluation is a 15-hour graduate-level certificate program offered by the Educational Psychology program in the College of Education at Texas Tech University. The certificate program aims to develop students' expertise to design and implement evaluation research that examines the effectiveness of educational programs and training. The credential may benefit a wide range of professionals who are involved in grant project evaluation, educational programs for K-12 and higher education, and professional development for various organizations.
- EPSY 5380 - Introduction to Educational Statistics 3 Semester Credit Hours (or equivalent)
- EPSY 6379 - Foundations of Educational Research 3 Semester Credit Hours (or equivalent)
Required Courses (12 hours)
- EDHE 5341 – Program Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education
- EPSY 5381 - Intermediate Educational Statistics 3 Semester Credit Hours (or equivalent)
- EPSY 5382 - Qualitative Research in Education 3 Semester Credit Hours (or equivalent)
- EPSY 7000 - Research: Program Evaluation Practicum
Elective (3 Hours)
- EPSY 6302 - Survey Research in Education 3 Semester Credit Hours
- EPSY 6307 - Case Study Research in Education 3 Semester Credit Hours
- EPSY 6320 - Foundations of Mixed Methods Research 3 Semester Credit Hours
- EPSY 5383 - Data Analysis With Statistical Software 3 Semester Credit Hours
- EPSY 6301 - Structural Equation Modelings 3 Semester Credit Hours
- EDIT 5326 - Instructional Systems Evaluation 3 Semester Credit Hours
Career Opportunities With This Certificate
This certificate will enhance the qualifications of individuals who are seeking research positions in universities, public schools, school districts, and industry.
Semester in which the program can be started
Continuous enrollment. Students may begin coursework in the Spring, Summer, or Fall semester.
Estimated hours to completion
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
College of Education
AddressTexas Tech University, College of Education, 3002 18th Street Lubbock, TX 79409