Our Commitment to Health and Safety
- University Student Housing employs a cleaning staff dedicated to the cleaning and sanitization of the residence halls. These staff members work seven days a week cleaning all public areas, laundry rooms, community restrooms twice a day, elevators three times a day, and also focus on high touch areas.
- Residence Hall offices will have limited cleaning supplies available for students to borrow and use to maintain their living space. We strongly encourage students to bring cleaning supplies they prefer and meet their individual needs. High-touch surfaces in their room should be wiped down regularly by the student with a sanitized wipe: sink, counters, desks, keyboards, and phones.
- We have installed hand sanitizer stations in all elevator lobbies and main lobbies. These stations will be resupplied daily.
- Students will need to consider their own choices and behaviors with regards to staying healthy. Wash hands regularly, use hand sanitizer, avoid crowds, and monitor your personal distance from others. Do not share drinks or food.
- Monitor your health daily for fever and COVID-19 symptoms. If feeling ill, please contact the Student Health Services immediately for an appointment.
- If a student in University Housing tests positive for COVID-19, that student will be relocated for self-isolation. Contact tracers and University Housing will be in communication with the student regarding health and safety protocols as well as logistics for the mandatory self-isolation period. While in self-isolation, the university will provide meal delivery, wellness checks, and will also ensure the student has internet access so that they may continue with their studies.
- Students are asked to limit guests to one person. There will be a maximum of two guests per traditional room, one for each resident.
- Guests must always be escorted by their hosts in the residence halls.
- Students should remember that they can be held responsible for their guest's behavior.