Raider Safety and Health
At Texas Tech University, our top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff. As part of our shared responsibility, Raider Safety is a campus-wide initiative to inform and connect our campus community to all available resources. Please click the button below for additional information.
Residence Hall Safety
- Blue Light Phones – Blue light phones are an immediate link to 911 and are located near residence halls and other locations on campus.
- Emergency Procedures – Provides links to the residence halls' Emergency Action Plans and Emergency Notification links.
- Emergency Notifications – Notifications and resources regarding campus emergencies.
- Inclement Weather and Campus Closings - Texas Tech maintains several warning and alert systems for use in the event major storms or other disasters threaten our community.
- FixIT Work Order System – This site provides a work order system submission process should any residence hall student have a maintenance issue or an unsafe condition related to residence hall facilities.
- Personal Safety – University Student Housing provides several programs and services to maximize safety measures used in the residence halls.
- Residence Hall Policies – policies and procedures created to support personal and community safety in the residence halls.
- Sexual Harassment and Misconduct– Residence Hall staff are available 24/7/365 to assist students in reporting any type of harassment or misconduct.
- Suicide Prevention – USH has a trained staff of professionals who assist students in connecting to mental health resources and immediate student crises.
Residence Hall Health Precautions and Mitigation