Hardberger returned to Texas Tech School of Law in 2020, where she started her teaching career as a visiting professor in 2011. Hardberger previously taught at St. Mary's School of Law where she also served as the Associate Dean for the School of Law and as the Associate Provost for Academic Operations at St. Mary's University.
Her classes include Property, Water Law, Land Use Planning, International Water Law, and Environmental Law. Her academic writings focus on the energy/water nexus, water pricing, the human right to water and Texas groundwater law.
She also worked as an attorney in the Texas office of the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). There, she led partnerships with cities and interfaced with Texas state agencies on municipal water conservation policies, energy-water nexus and sustainable water planning, and co-created and authored a blog on Texas water policy. Hardberger is also a professionally registered Geoscientist in the State of Texas.
Before EDF, she clerked for The Hon. William Wayne Justice, and worked as an environmental consultant and project manager and geologist for Universe Technologies, Inc., at Kelly Air Force Base.
- B.A., Earlham College in Geology
- M.S., University of Texas at San Antonio in Geology
- J.D.,Texas Tech University School of Law cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Women's Leadership Award, San Antonio Business Journal 2019
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Texas Tech University 2015
- Board of Trustees – San Antonio Water System, Appointed by San Antonio City Council (2018-present)
- Member – Capital Improvements Advisory Committee, Appointed by San Antonio City Council (2013-present)