Welcome to Texas Tech University School of Music - Media Production website!
- Highest Quality Audio Recording
- HD and 4K Video Recording
- Editing, Mixing, and Mastering
- Live Streaming
- Sound Reinforcement
- Archiving of SoM Digital Media
- Media Technology Training
- Equipment Checkout
- Upon request during the fall and spring semesters
- Closed on holidays, during the summer, winter, and spring breaks - please contact us in advance to schedule events that require service during these periods (fees may apply).
Please email Saikat Karmakar (Studio Manager) at email@example.com and optionally copy it to Professor Hideki Isoda for any enquires about our services.
All degree recitals, faculty recitals, and major ensemble concerts in Hemmle Recital Hall or Choir Hall are recorded (both audio and video) at no cost upon request (please contact us at least 10 days before the event).
Above performances can also be live streamed or uploaded onto the TTU SOM Vimeo and/or YouTube channel (subject to licensing of copyrighted music).
The list of live streaming events can be found here.
Note: Non-degree recitals, guest performances, and masterclasses are NOT automatically recorded.
If sound reinforcement using PA speaker(s) is required or if you have any special requests, please contact our studio manager at least two weeks before the event.
After Your Recital
The recording as your "academic record" will be stored in the SoM Digital Media Archive (on the University's secure cloud server), and an access link to your media file(s) will be delivered to your TTU email address within one week.
The University will hold the Master Rights of the recording. You may request a permission to use the recording (subject to licensing of copyrighted music).
- Hemmle Recital Hall
- Choir Hall
- Band Hall
- Buddy Holly Hall
- Media Production Director's Office/Mastering Studio (RM 249)
- Media Production Studio (RM 203)
- Media Production Studio Control Room (RM 201)
- Professor Hideki Isoda, Director of Media Production/Tonmeister/Producer
- Saikat Karmakar (Part-Time Staff), Studio Manager/Engineer
- Dr. Neemias Santos (TA), Engineer
- Student Engineers: Darion Jackson, and Austin Spencer
Our Equipment and Technology
In 2020, we began major updates in our production facilities. Concert venues and studios are now connected via Dante and NDI networks for the highest quality and efficient audio and video production workflow. Here are some examples of our equipment in service today.
- Master Clock: Antelope 10MX
- Mic-Pre/ADC/Dante: PrismSound Atlas and Focusrite RedNet MP8R
- A range of Microphone brands that we use: Schoeps, DPA, Neumann, AKG, AEA, and Royer
- Panasonic Professional 4K cameras, Blackmagic video switcher and video recorders
- Monitors: ATC, Focal, and ADAM