Welcome to Texas Tech University School of Music - Media Production website!
- Highest Quality Audio Recording
- HD and 4K Video Recording
- Editing and Mastering
- Live Streaming
- Sound Reinforcement
- Archiving of SoM Digital Media
- Media Technology Training
- Computer Lab Management
- Equipment Checkout
- Upon request during the fall and spring semesters
- Closed on holidays, during the summer, winter, and spring breaks - please contact us in advance to schedule events that require service during these periods (fees may apply).
All degree recitals, faculty recitals, and major ensemble concerts in Hemmle Recital Hall or Choir Room are recorded (both audio and video) at no cost upon request (please contact us at least 10 days before the event).
Above performances can also be live streamed or uploaded onto the SoM YouTube Channel (subject to licensing of copyrighted music).
Note: Non-degree recitals, guest performances, and masterclasses are NOT automatically recorded.
If sound reinforcement using PA speaker(s) is required or if you have any special requests, please contact our studio manager at least two weeks before the event.
After Your Recital
The recording as your "academic record" will be stored in the SoM Digital Media Archive (on the University's secure cloud server), and an access link to your media file(s) will be delivered to your TTU email address within one week.
The University will hold the Master Rights of the recording. You may request a permission to use the recording (subject to licensing of copyrighted music).
- Hemmle Recital Hall
- Choir Room
- Band Hall
- Buddy Holly Hall
- Media Production Director's Office/Mastering Studio (RM 113)
- Media Production Studio (RM 203)
- Media Production Studio Control Room (RM 201)
- Prof. Hideki Isoda, Director of Media Production/Tonmeister/Producer
- Dr. Neemias Santos (TA), Media Production Studio Manager/Engineer
- Student Engineers: David Evans, Cayden Garvey, and Saikat Karmakar (TA)
Our Equipment and Technology
In 2020, we began major updates in our production facilities. Concert venues and studios are now connected via Dante and NDI networks for the highest quality and efficient audio and video production workflow. Here are some examples of our equipment in service today.
- Dante Mic Pre-Amps/ADC: multiple units of Focusrite RedNet MP8R and X2P
- A range of Microphone brands that we use: Schoeps, DPA, Neumann, AKG, and Royer
- Panasonic Professional 4K cameras