The following organizations all have active student chapters and provide a wealth of opportunities and services at Texas Tech University:
- American String Teachers Association (Collegiate Chapter)
- The ASTA Student Chapter at Texas Tech University was established in Fall 2017. The chapter is open to all TTU students interested in strings. The chapter is a recognized TTU Student Organization and participates in campus, college, and school events. Membership also provides service to our local school string programs.
- Goin' Band from Raiderland
- Established in 1925, the Goin' Band from Raiderland is the oldest student organization on campus. Proud to uphold the traditions of Texas Tech University, the Goin' Band is committed to performing exciting field shows that connect with all generations, as well as providing music to promote school spirit and enhance the game day experience! Representing nearly every major available at the university, the 400+ members of the Goin' Band from Raiderland seek to entertain and inspire.
- Iota Tau Alpha
- Iota Tau Alpha's purpose is to Promote the Trombone and Trombonists in all aspects of Performance and Practice in the Texas Tech Community, Regionally, Nationally and Internationally.
- Kappa Kappa Psi
- Kappa Kappa Psi is a fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support to bands; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition; for the benefit of its members and society.
- Mariachi Los Matadores
- Mariachi Los Matadores is dedicated to supporting activities of the Texas Tech University school of music’s Mariachi, to promote musical diversity, share our culture with everyone, and to help the growth of Hispanic Serving Institute (H.S.I.) recruitment, and retention.
- MENC – Music Educators National Conference
- Music allows us to celebrate and preserve our cultural heritages, and also to explore the realms of expression, imagination, and creation resulting in new knowledge. Therefore, every individual should be guaranteed the opportunity to learn music and to share in musical experiences. The mission of MENC: The National Association for Music Education is to advance music education by encouraging the study and making of music by all.
- Mu Phi Epsilon
- Mu Phi Epsilon is a Professional Music Fraternity dedicated to music, friendship, and community looking for new members!
- Music for Children
- Music for Children helps to further educate young teachers in proper pedagogy for the K-5 music classroom through resources provided by experienced teachers, and masters of Kodaly.
- Music Teachers National Association (Student Chapter)
- The MTNA collegiate chapter is the future music teacher's connection with the larger community of committed music professional -- a community committed to inspiring and developing the utmost professionalism in all its members. MTNA collegiate chapters provide a way to fill gaps -- to provide the information and experience necessary to complete an education as both a knowledgeable, inspiring music teacher and a successful entrepreneur.
- National Association of Teachers of Singing at Tech
- National Association of Teachers of Singing at Tech (Student NATS) is a student group that meets several times a semester to promote healthy singing and the teaching of singing. Student NATS is lead by students and is made up of TTU voice majors and minors in the School of Music.
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity
- The Object of this Fraternity shall be for the development of the best and truest fraternal spirit; the mutual welfare and brotherhood of musical students; the advancement of music in America and a loyalty to the Alma Mater.
- Society of Composers, Inc. (Raider Chapter)
- Encouraging innovation and collaboration, Composers of Texas Tech aims to promote and provide opportunities for the creation and performance of new music.
- Tau Beta Sigma
- Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority provides service to collegiate bands, encourages the advancement of women in the band profession, and promotes and enriches an appreciation of band music through recognition, leadership development, and education of its members.
- Tech Kpop Club
- Our purpose of the "Tech K-Pop Club" is to create lasting friendships and memories with the help of a strong love for Korean Pop. K-Pop is a type of music genre that is booming very quickly internationally. We strive to not only be a group of "K-Pop Lovers" but to also inspire non K-Pop fans to listen to a new type of genre that will not disappoint.
- Tech Tones A Cappella
- Founded in 2017, TechTones A Cappella is Texas Tech University's premiere contemporary pop a cappella group. This is not your mother's "glee club"-- TechTones is a co-ed group of vocalists that bring intense energy to performances and an edge to their arrangements, sound, and style.
- Tech Horn Society
- The Tech Horn Society's purpose is to support the activities of the Texas Tech University School of Music Horn Studio and to promote musical education with particular reference to the horn.
- Tech Tuba-Euphonium Association
- The International Tuba-Euphonium Association is an international organization of over three thousand members whose purpose is “to maintain a liaison among those who take a significant interest in the instruments of the tuba and euphonium family - their development, literature, pedagogy, and performance”. A regional chapter can be an extremely important and useful means of advancing those ideals through the coordinated efforts of individual ITEA members so that we all may realize our common goals and inspire others to participate in Chapter and ITEA events, recruit new members, and build local communities of tuba and euphonium players.
- Texas Tech Trumpet Society
- The Tech Trumpet Society is a society dedicated to growing and broadening the trumpet community in Lubbock. The organization aims to benefit trumpet players and musicians at Texas Tech and in the Lubbock Community, which shall include but shall not be limited to: students at Texas Tech, Lubbock Christian University, South Plains College, Wayland Baptist, High Schools in Lubbock, and other members of the community. The primary means by which the organization shall achieve our purpose will be conducting events, hosting masterclasses, inviting guest artists, and promoting performances.
Contact the Advisor