School of Music
Master of Music
Master of Music in Conducting
Conducting programs at Texas Tech University include ample podium time with a variety of ensembles, one-on-one instruction with conducting faculty, and in-depth coursework in literature, history, and theory. Graduates in our conducting include appointments in higher education professional ensembles, church music, and public schools.
Choral Conducting Application Instructions
1. Prepare a 10-minute video of a choir rehearsal (conductor-facing preferable); submit via YouTube link.
2. Prepare a video of a choral performance of a piece (conductor-facing preferable); submit via YouTube link.
3. Locate a sample of academic writing (preferably something from a previous degree); submit a file in pdf format
4. Write a personal statement indicating the following:
a. Why you plan to pursue a graduate degree
b. Why you have applied to Texas Tech University
c. Your future career goals
d. Anything else that would be helpful to know about you
5. Complete an application through the Graduate School
ONLINE CATALOG INFORMATION