State Exam Registration
State Approval to Test
All students seeking certification through TTU are required to have “approval to test” each time you register for a state exam. This includes exams for teacher certification, professional certification and re-taking an exam. Authorization for the exams is given from the Office of Student Services.
Approval is not required for the Pre-Admission (practice) exam, but should be scheduled through the TTU Testing Center. 706-742-3671. A test pass can be attained from your advisor for easier access to testing.
- Complete testing orientation during Block 1. A schedule will be sent to your Site Coordinator.
- Begin Block 2 and attend the Exam Sign-up session with Student Services. You will set up your TEAL and ETS accounts during this session. Meeting information will be sent to your Site Coordinator.
- Complete all TTU eligibility requirements for the exam.
Register for computer-administered test (CAT) online with ETS: https://texestest.org/texes/texes-registration/ If registration problems exist, call the TTU Student Services office at 806-834-0235.
All test availability by location for CAT exams will be displayed when you register with ETS.
- First-time test takers will follow the “Register” directions for setting up an ETS account. Print the directions and write down your login and password information.
- Use your TEA ID number each time you register for an exam.
- Students may only register for exams that correspond to their area of certification through TTU.