International Ambassadors Program
The International Ambassadors Program is designed to complement already existing travel plans by providing funding for one additional night of accommodation as well as additional meals, and/or local travel for Texas Tech faculty and staff to promote international initiatives at TTU.
Activities eligible for this type of supplemental funding include:
- Campus-wide, department, or classroom lectures to faculty, staff, and/or students at partner or potential partner institutions,
- Alumni gatherings or receptions,
- Admissions or recruiting activities, and
- International research and development activities.
Supplemental funding up to $500 can be awarded to faculty and staff one time per academic year.
Additional eligibility requirements are:
- Applicants must be a full time faculty or staff member
- Applicants must already have confirmed international travel plans – official or personal travel.
- Applicants must demonstrate how their participation in the program supports TTU's international agenda
Applications will require:
- Dates of travel, travel destination, and copy of airline itinerary showing confirmed payment (or travel application/ trip#)
- Department 16A FOP for funding transfer, if awarded
- Detail of international activity proposed and benefit to TTU
- Funding request must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to initial travel date.
- A trip report must be submitted within 30 days of completion of the trip to Tanya Baker at Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org.