Information for Hosting Departments
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is located within the Office of International Affairs at the International Cultural Center. ISSS is the only office at Texas Tech University that provides immigration-related services to all international visitors and their hosting departments. This includes a variety of visa types (J-1, H-1B, TN, O-1, B1/B2, etc..)
Our areas of immigration support for international visitors and their hosting departments include:
- J-1 Exchange Visitors and H-1B employees (see the chart comparing these common non-immigrant visas for international visitors)
- Permanent residency application processes for our H-1B employees
- Information regarding Paying non-immigrant visitors other than J-1 and H-1B
- Questions and support for other non-immigrant visa categories such as TN (Canadian and Mexican Nationals), and O-1.
- Providing guidance for the campus regarding short-term non-immigrant visitors that are not in the US on TTU non-immigrant documents (those on visitor visas, visa waivers, and all other non-immigrants visas, often associated with other institutions).
EXPORT CONTROL SCREENING--It is important to remember that ALL visitors (non-immigrants) to TTU, including potential and new international hires, must first be screened for Export Control compliance, regardless of visa type. Visit our Export Control website to read more on this subject and request EC compliance screening.
Address601 Indiana Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79409-5004