Fulbright Liaisons at TTU
Fulbright Scholar Liaisons are part of a network of approximately 1,700 committed individuals across the United States. Fulbright Liaisons do not perform administrative functions for Fulbright awardees or help with Fulbright applications. Instead, Fulbright Liaisons promote the Fulbright program at TTU through services such as:
- Inspiring colleagues by organizing a Fulbright Day on campus for faculty and administrators.
- Requesting a campus visit from a Fulbright team member.
- Sharing the Fulbright calendar of events with colleagues for upcoming workshops and talks by Fulbright Scholar Program Alumni Ambassadors, Outreach Lecturing Fund recipients, and team members.
- Raising TTU's profile by encouraging participation through programs like the Outreach Lecturing Fund and Scholar-in-Residence programs.
- Highlighting TTU's Fulbright students and scholars by organizing a Fulbright Alumni reception at TTU and publicizing the names of administrators and faculty who have received grants.
- Staying informed through personal, monthly email updates and sharing opportunities and upcoming program initiatives with TTU colleagues through campus publications and listservs
Fulbright Liaisons at TTU:
- Dr. Jorge Salazar-Bravo, Interim Director, ICASALS
- Dr. Elizabeth Trejos-Castillo, Associate Chair, Human Development and Family Studies
Application NOW OPEN for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Alumni Ambassador Program
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is working closely with the State Department's Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and IIE's Beijing Office to monitor the situation in China involving the 2019-nCoV/Coronavirus. The country is now under a Level 4 Travel Advisory, urging Americans not to travel to China due to the ongoing outbreak of the respiratory illness that was first identified in Wuhan.
U.S. Fulbright program participants currently in China were informed on January 28 that they may voluntarily return to the United States. The State Department hopes to make a decision about the 2020 - 2021 Fulbright cohort to China by March 1. We will keep you up to date on the status of the program so that you may advise potential applicants.
The safety and well-being of Fulbright participants in China and around the world continue to be our highest priority.