Arts Talent-Based Scholarship
The Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts (TCVPA) is pleased to announce its new Arts Talent-Based Scholarships (ATBS), awarded to entering first-time freshmen who show exceptional promise in the visual or performing arts. Renewable annual awards in the amount of $6000 will be paid in two installments of $3000 per semester. Students are chosen on the basis of faculty nominations from the Schools of Art, Music, and Theatre & Dance. An ATBS award also qualifies an out-of-state recipient for in-state tuition. ATBS can be supplemented by other academic or talent-based scholarships awarded by TTU, the individual Schools, or external granting agencies. Students may renew the scholarship for a total of 4 years of award. Nominations will be considered at any point during the application cycle for fall entry, until all available funds are expended.
To maintain and renew a TCVPA ATBS award, students must:
- remain majors in the chosen emphasis/concentration area in their school and college
- maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 in their major as designated in their degree plan
- enroll in at least 15 hours per semester
- make satisfactory progress toward completion of their degree
- please note that the conditions for this award are significantly different than those for the TTU Presidential Merit Scholarships
Students should work with appropriate faculty/advisor/scholarship staff in each School to confirm good standing according to these criteria.