Registration for this event is now closed. Please visit our Lab Safety Services page to request a training for your lab group or department.
Join EHS for the first annual TA & Lab Leadership Workshop! Dinner will be served, we will do group activities and you will have a chance to win door prizes. You will receive a certificate of completion after the event.
When: Tuesday, August 27th 5:30-7:30PM
Where: SUB Ballroom
Who: Any Teaching Assistant (TA) in a laboratory or workshop space, lab supervisor or Lab Safety Captain
- Guidance on how to respond to student injuries and hazardous materials exposure
- Proper spill clean up procedures for chemicals and biological materials
- Guidance on other emergency situations (e.g., fire, severe weather, power outage, etc.)
- Required EHS reporting of incidents and near-misses
- PPE requirements and how to address them with your students
- How to effectively teach safety to your students (or colleagues) in a laboratory setting
- Recommendations on being an example of safety for your students
Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.