Join EHS for the third TA & Lab Leadership Workshop! The fall 2020 workshop will be held virtually on Zoom. Invitation and workshop materials will be sent after registration and prior to the event.
Time Option 1: Thursday, August 27th 5:30-7 PM
Time Option 2: Friday, August 28th 3-4:30PM
Who: Any Teaching Assistant (TA) in a laboratory, studio, or workshop space, lab supervisor or Lab Safety Captain
Registration is now closed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about future workshops.
- Overview of COVID-19 procedures
- Guidance on how to respond to student injuries and hazardous materials exposure
- Proper spill clean up procedures for chemicals and biological materials
- Guidance on other emergency situations (e.g., fire, severe weather, power outage, etc.)
- Required EHS reporting of incidents and near-misses
- PPE requirements and how to address them with your students
- How to effectively teach safety to your students (or colleagues) in a laboratory setting
- How to effectively conduct a risk assessment
Questions can be submitted to email@example.com.