Annual Survey Workflow
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) has developed a workflow process to ensure updates to work area hazard assessments and the safety management database, annual safety surveys and EHS Door Sign updates occur in a timely manner each calendar year.
- EHS staff will obtain current department roster and room assignments from the designated Departmental Safety Officer and update to the Raider RAMP system (powered by Safety Stratus).
- Principal Investigator or Lab Safety Captain updates the Personnel Roster in RRAMP.
Review the RRAMP User Guide for instructions.
- Alternatively, Personnel rosters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate roster update.
- Principal Investigator or Lab Safety Captain submits the annual hazard activity assessment (HA). Review the RRAMP User Guide for instructions.
- EHS reviews the hazard assessment and confirms training completion records for required courses for all lab personnel on roster.
- Annual safety surveys may be conducted in two ways:
- EHS will coordinate with DSO, PI, or other lab personnel to perform EHS-conducted survey of the work area. EHS survey with lab personnel is preferred, but not required. Survey reports are delivered to the responsible party of the work area via email.
- Lab personnel may submit self-surveys through RRAMP for spaces that met Top Performer qualifications* during the previous year's EHS survey. Note: Radioactive, LASER, BSL2, and BSL3 work areas must be surveyed at least annually by EHS.
- After submission of self-survey or EHS safety survey and confirmation of hazards identified during the HA, EHS will either approve the HA or return to the lab for correction and resubmission.
- After EHS approval, the hazard assessment table should be added to the Work Area Safety Plan (WASP) and the WASP updated if needed.
- EHS will provide updated Door Signs, if needed.
*Top Performer Lab - spaces with no findings during safety survey or all deviations were corrected within the initial follow up period (30 days after intiial survey).
You may request assistance completing your Hazard Assessment, updating your personnel roster and updating your Work Area Safety Plan at email@example.com.
Submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.