Undergraduate International Orientation
Undergraduate International Orientation is designed to answer questions unique to you as an international student. The Office of International Affairs has created designed this with you in mind, to help guide you through your transition to Texas Tech and the culture of West Texas. Professionals that know what you are about to go through will discuss with you the people, programs, groups, materials and resources that will help you achieve great success as a student here at Texas Tech University!
Undergraduate International Orientation is MANDATORY for all incoming undergraduate international students so be sure you schedule your flights to arrive before orientation day.
In Orientation we will provide insight into:
- Health Care & Insurance
- Risk-Intervention & Safety Intervention
- Immigration and who to report to.
- Campus Life & how to thrive in your new environment.
- Visit important and interesting sites around campus. Familiarize yourself with TTU Campus and where important buildings are. TTU is a very LARGE campus, so this will be important to know.
- Learn about the numerous resources available around campus designed to help you THRIVE mentally, physically, academically, financially, emotionally and socially!
- Resource Fair. Meet representatives from various departments across campus. Learn about the resources that are available to you and that will help ease your college experience and learning process!
- Engage in person with Global Guides and new peers
Fall Undergraduate International Orientation is a 2 day event and will take place on August 16th & 17th 2023
From 8:40 am - 1:20 pm on the 16th
9:30 AM to ~11:00 AM on the 17th
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I am a Grad Student?
Graduate Students do NOT need to attend our orientation. Instead, you will attend
the Graduates school's virtual orientation. There will be some information that will be related only to international students
via that orientation as well.
Graduate Students are welcome to join us on Day 2 for the Scavenger Hunt if they are interested.
Where will we meet for the Scavenger Hunt?
The meeting spot for the Scavenger Hunt will be at Memorial Circle. We will meet in
the very center by the flag poles. *see the Image below
Where can I find Temporary Housing before I move into my dorm/apartment?
TTU housing does not offer any type of temporary housing for students. There are a
lot of preparations that go into getting the rooms ready before students arrive between
the Summer II semester and Fall.
However, we have put together a list of possible stay options that you can use while waiting.
Please visit our Temporary Housing & Hotel Program Page for more information.
We also work with Visit Lubbock and local hotels to offer discounted hotel rates for you. You can find these hotels on the same page as our temporary housing options.
Keep these dates in mind when booking flights. Be sure to give yourself time to settle in and overcome jet-lag as well.
- Dorm Move in Date: August 13th 2023
- International Student Early Move in Letter from Housing: Letter from housing that allows students to move in on the 12th of August. Letter Link
- Red Raider Orientation:Visit page here (This is a separate and entirely different event from International orientation that is hosted by the University, that undergrads are ALSO required to attend.)
- Airport Pick-up *New Students only August 9th- 15th. Visit Page here
- International Graduate Student Orientation: August 17th *Virtual Visit Page here
- Classes Begin: August 24th 2023
- Fall 2022-23 Calendar - Link here