Texas Tech University Resources
Please take advantage of these campus resources
For TTU Resources, please click here..
- Graduate Student Writing Center, Grant and fellowship proposal preparation
- Career Center, CV/Resume and personal statement resources
- Texas Tech Librarian for Research, Instruction & Outreach, Guidance in finding external funding opportunities (Dr. Brian Quinn)
- National and International Scholarships and Fellowships
General Guides and Tips
The following guides and tips have been gathered to assist you in finding external fellowships or sources of funding.
For General Guides and Tips, please click here..
- Office of Research Services, Texas Tech University
- Applying for External Fellowships, Brown University Graduate School [webcast series]
- How to Win a Graduate Fellowship, Michael Kiparsky, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Scams, Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Information.
- Planning and Writing a Grant Proposal, University of Wisconsin
The Application or Proposal
We hope you will use the following resources while working on your external fellowship application or proposal. These resources are not inclusive but can be used as a starting place for what should be included in your application or proposal.
For Fellowship Application Resources, please click here..
- External Graduate Fellowships Workshop PowerPoint, Texas Tech University Office of Fellowships and Post Doctoral Affairs.
- Graduate Research Fellowship Proposal Template, Texas Tech University Office of Fellowships and Post Doctoral Affairs.
- UNC Writing Center
- CSR Insider's Guide to Peer Review for Applicants
- NIAID "Apply for a grant" (includes samples from NIAID and NIH)
- SSRC On the Art of Writing Proposals
Curriculum Vitae and Résumés
Creating and maintaining a Curriculum Vitae or a Resume is an important part of both academia and industry. The resources below have been gathered to help with the creation and maintenance of these documents.
For Curriculum Vitae and Resume Resources, please click here..
- Creating and Maintaining Your CV, Natalie Houston, ProfHacker
- Writing the Curriculum Vitae, Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab
- Writing the Curriculum Vitae: What You Really Need to Know Right Now, UCLA Graduate Division [PDF]
- Academic CV Template
- CURRICULUM VITAE versus Resume
- Resume Guide for All Students
- Strong Action Verbs
Personal statements are an important aspect of online applications and proposals. This is often one of the first things a potential employer views and can be an important part of their first impression. The following resources have been created in order to assist in create a well written person statement.
For Personal Statement Resources, please click here..
Recommendations (for Students & Faculty)
Strong letters of recommendation are an essential part of applications and proposals. These letters often leave a potential employer or committee with a better feeling of how the applicant is viewed by others. The following resources can be used to help both students and faculty create letters of recommendation that are well written and beneficial to the applicant.
For Letters of Recommendation Resources, please click here..
- GSAS Guide for Teaching Fellows on Writing Letters of Recommendation, Cynthia Verba, Harvard University
- Writing Letters of Recommendation, Brown University
- Writing Recommendation Letters Online, Jon Schall, Penn State University
- Asking for Letters of Recommendations, Stanford University
The National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
For more information about the NSF GRFP, please click here..
Fulbright Letter of Intent
If you would like to apply for a Fulbright Fellowship, you must fill out the below letter of intent prior to starting your application.
For Fulbright Letter of Intent, please click here..
NIH Predoctoral Information
The National Institutes of Health Predoctoral Fellowship.
For more information on NIH proposals, please click here..
Post Doctoral Applications
Applying for a Post Doctoral position is different than a regular proposal or application. The following resources can help you when you fill out a post doctoral application.
Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Fellowships
Administration Building 328
P.O. Box 41030
Lubbock, TX 79409-1030
To find out more information about Graduate School scholarships and fellowships, email firstname.lastname@example.org
AddressAdministration Building 328, Texas Tech University, 2625 Memorial Circle, Lubbock, TX 79409-1030