Interested in Applying for Financial Aid?
- To be considered for all federal, state and institutional need-based and non-need
based financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA
(Federal Student Aid). Students will be notified via email to complete Enrollment Certification on Raiderlink.
- TTU Financial Aid & Scholarship Office will award all federal , state and institutional aid based on FAFSA completion and student eligibility. Graduate students are considered full time with 9 hours per semester. Grant funding will be prorated if student is enrolled less than full time. Most financial aid will require that a graduate student be in at least 5 hours per semester, or 3 hours in the summer.
- Grant funding is limited and awarded based on the FAFSA application date. Priority is given to applications received by March 15 for the subsequent academic aid period.
- Student loans will be awarded based on student enrollment status (at least 5 credit hours per semester or 3 hours in the summer) and the student's estimated cost of attendance (total financial aid budget including tuition and fees, room, board, books, transportation allowance and personal/miscellaneous allowance. You may view this estimated cost of attendance via MyTech after you have completed the FAFSA application. Total awards may not exceed the estimated cost of attendance. Federal loan limits for graduate students is $20,500 for the year. For more information regarding federal student loans, visit www.studentloans.gov. If awarded federal student loans, you must complete a Master Promissory Note and complete Entrance Loan Counseling via www.studentloans.gov. If you are graduating you must complete Exit Loan Counseling the semester you are scheduled to graduate via www.studentloans.gov.
- For information regarding state loan funding, visit www.hhloans.com.
- For information regarding private loans, visit www.financialaid.ttu.edu.
- Students will receive an email notification when awards are available to accept via MyTech.
- If you are a Texas resident, please fill out your FAFSA as soon as possible for need-based aid consideration.
Changing Your Matriculation & the Effect on Financial Aid
If your matriculation is updated (undergraduate to graduate) after you have submitted an application for financial aid, you should contact the financial aid office regarding your financial aid eligibility as your award eligibility may change.
Summer Financial Aid
Summer eligibility will be based on enrollment and remaining annual loan limit eligibility. Required enrollment for student loans is 3 credit hours.
Employee Tuition Assistance Waiver
Texas Tech employees may qualify for a partial to full Employee Tuition Assistance waiver for one course per semester for fall, spring, and summer terms.
For More Information
Click here for information about
Tuition & Fee
From Here, It's Possible
Texas Tech offers financial aid options to assist graduate students.
AddressAdministration Building 328, Texas Tech University, 2625 Memorial Circle, Lubbock, TX 79409-1030