Office of Academic Success Programs
The Office of Academic Success Programs (OASP) at Texas Tech Law is dedicated to helping all our law students and recent graduates achieve their full academic potential.
Students at any stage of the law school career can schedule a one-on-one academic strategy session with the OASP Director. Students can receive assistance with:
- Strategies to effectively read cases
- Developing how best to brief cases for your needs
- Analyzing and crafting course outlines to fit your individual learning style
- Strategies for essay and multiple-choice exams
- Developing time management strategies and study schedules
- Much more
Please contact Erica M. Lux, Director of Academic Success Programs, to schedule an appointment.
Academic Enrichment Workshops
The OASP Director also provides academic coaching in group-oriented workshops at various
points throughout the academic year.
For Fall 2022, the following workshops will be held in-person at noon:
- August 30, 2022 – Normalizing Your First Week of Law School (Co-sponsored with the Office for Student Life, First-Generation Resources, and Student Wellness Advisory Committee.)
- October 4, 2022 – Synthesizing the Law into a Useful Outline
- November 10, 2022 – Improving Legal Analysis Skills for Exams
1L Doctrinal Tutor Program
OASP coordinates the 1L Doctrinal Tutor Program, wherein 2Ls and 3Ls provide tutoring
and office-hour support to first-year students in their required doctrinal courses.
The doctrinal professors hire their individual tutors and oversee the course material
supplemented in tutoring. OASP manages tutor schedules, training, and evaluation feedback.
Every first-year student is encouraged to attend weekly tutoring sessions, as well as receive individualized tutoring assistance at their tutors' weekly office hours.
Tutoring is for all first-year students—in fact, students who attend tutoring for all their courses each week often find that they enjoy much greater academic success.
Academic Support Resources
OASP also provides all students with a variety of resources that are easily accessible online anytime—especially for those pressing midnight questions.
Post-Graduation Bar Support
Finally, for our recent graduates studying for the Bar Exam, OASP provides similar time, stress, and study management coaching and resources to students. While most students will (and should) use a commercial bar preparation course, the Texas Tech Law OASP Director provides individual coaching and support for our bar preppers that includes managing your study plans or conforming a universal bar preparation course to your individual study style.