Heather Coats is local to Lubbock graduating from Lubbock-Cooper High School. She
earned her B.S. in Chemistry from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, TX and
her M.S. in Chemistry with an emphasis on Chemical Education from Texas Tech University
in 2016. Heather has many years of research and teaching experience.
Since earning her master's, Heather worked at Texas Tech University's College of Education CISER, a STEM outreach program for K-12 Lubbock area schools. Heather joined the Lab Safety team in November 2017 and now serves as the Training and Outreach section manager. She manages the department's online and in-person safety training, website, social media, external communications, and events.
- Adult Education
- Evaluation of Lab Procedures
- Outreach Events
- Safety Training
- Speaking Events
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Chemistry for Professional Chemists, Sam Houston State University
- M.S. Chemistry emphasis on Chemical Education, Texas Tech University
- Hazardous Waste Operator, SpillMasters, 2022
Other Texas Tech and Community Involvement
- Co-Leader of the Marketing, Communications, and Education Community of Practice and member of the Professional Development Committee in Campus Safety, Health, Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA)