The Texas Tech University campus offers Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) parking throughout campus parking lots near entrances to buildings. Those who need to use ADA spaces on campus first need to register with Transportation and Parking Services using the following steps.
- Contact TPS.
- TPS helps you purchase the appropriate ePermit your peers have. For students, this is Commuter Satellite. For employees, this is an Area Reserved ePermit.
- Bring your ADA placard or a photo of your ADA plates to the TPS office.
- TPS adds the ADA permission to your ePermit.
- You may now park in any ADA space on the Texas Tech University campus.
- Renew your ADA permission when your placard or plate expires and is renewed.
Where to Park with an ADA Permission
Use ADA spaces first. If none are available, you may park in the following, listed below in the order to be used:
- Time zone (no time limit)
- Visitor and visitor park-and-pay without needing to pay
- Area reserved (Starts with an R and is followed by two digits. Avoid individual reserved spaces, which are numbered and have signs stating "Reserved" but make no mention of the word "Area.")
- Residence hall (Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4, Z5, Z6, and Z7)
- Commuter North or West
What to Display
- Your state-issued placard or license plate
- Make sure your license plate is visible from the driving aisle