Texas Tech University students who live off campus (or students on a wait list for their sold-out residence hall lot) may choose to purchase one of six commuter parking options.
Commuter Surface and Garage Parking Options
C1 and C4 offer parking along the north border of campus near Jones AT&T Stadium and the Rawls College of Business.
These two smaller lots mean less competition for spaces, and both are walking distance from the Rawls College of Business.
Raider Park Garage
Located north of campus across a pedestrian bridge spanning the Marsha Sharp Freeway, Raider Park Garage offers guaranteed covered parking. CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT RAIDER PARK.
A series of seven lots off Indiana Avenue and Texas Tech Parkway near the United Supermarkets Arena make up this ePermit.
Flint Avenue Parking Facility
Guaranteed covered parking in an easily accessible garage near a busy part of campus.
The most economical parking option on campus has large lots off Texas Tech Parkway and bus service every seven minutes.
This ePermit allows free parking in any commuter lot weekdays after 2:30 p.m., any park-and-pay location after 5:30 p.m., and Rec Center parking at any time for the two-hour maximum.
Where can I park with my commuter ePermit?
- Your permitted lot weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Any other commuter lot weekdays from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Park-and-pay areas after 5:30 p.m. at no cost
- Designated Rec Center parking spaces for up to two hours free of charge
(Most parking on campus becomes open weekdays from 8 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and all day on weekends. Watch for signs and avoid spaces and areas marked 24-hour parking or, on weekday evenings, reserved until 11 p.m.)
How much does a commuter ePermit cost?
See Permit Costs.
What if the lot I want is sold out?
Commuter lot ePermits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Some lots, especially Commuter North, sell out faster than others. When ePermit reservations and sales open in April and May, purchase as soon as possible to ensure a space in the lot you prefer. If the ePermit you want sells out, follow these steps.
- Purchase an ePermit in your next choice of commuter parking. If you need help selecting your next best option, please contact us.
- Add your preferred commuter lot to your wait list. Adding to a wait list comes at no cost.
- If your name reaches the top of the wait list, you receive an email notifying you of your status and asking if you'd like to move into your wait-listed lot. The email contains instructions for accepting or rejecting the offer.
How do I get from my parking lot to my classes?
Students can walk, bike, or ride a bus to reach their destination on campus. Only employee, service, and other authorized vehicles may drive past entry stations and into the heart of campus weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How do I avoid parking citations?
The most frequent citations the Enforcement Division sees are parking in lots without the proper ePermit or any ePermit at all, failure to pay the hourly rate for those without an ePermit, and parking over posted time limits. See more information about why citations are issued on our Enforcement page.
Transportation & Parking Services
AddressMS 43161, Administrative Support Center, Room 145, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 79409-3161